Freelance engineering and freelance coding are the oldest of the online freelancing gigs. There’s two reasons, a) technical guys are, well, at the forefront of tech, and b) there is usually very little need for “in person” interaction.
Even those team progress updates can be done over Google Hangouts.Image Credit (CC)
Here’s what this article will cover:
- Setting yourself up for freelance software engineering
- Deciding on your best engineering skills and rates
- Finding freelance coding opportunities
- Reaching out to potential clients
- “Rent A Coder” type work to avoid