Want no-BS insights on building a highly profitable freelancing business?
✓ FREE 5 Day Course on Winning Top Paying Clients
✓ Q&A - Send In Your Questions, I Answer Them Here
✓ LIVE Webinars
✓ The Chance to Win a FREE Coaching Call
I guarantee 100% privacy. Your information will not be shared
As a freelancer, you’ve no doubt gotten plenty of advice — both solicited and not — about freelancing.
Some were plain useless: “Go find a real job.”
Some were just weird: “Don’t take a shower, no one will see you anyway.”
But others change your life. They’re gems you play over and over inside your head, to guide you like an invisible angel.
Best Freelancing Advice I Ever Got
Here, in no particular order, are some of the best freelancing advice I’ve ever received:
- If you don’t want to earn peanuts, don’t write articles.
- Create a website to market your services.
- Market to past clients. It’s easier to “revive” them than look for new ones.
- Create and manage a list of prospects.
- Keep an eye on your expenses.
- Stop undervaluing yourself. Write down your value, in terms of the number of hours of training and experience you have, the amount of money you’ve invested in your skills, and the outcomes you get for your clients.
- Market to the 20% of clients who’ll bring 80% of your income.
- Strive to be extraordinary.
What’s the best freelancing advice YOU’VE ever received?
Please post them in the comments below so we can learn from each other.